Bra Fitting Advice
Changing Lives One Bra Fitting At A Time May 27 2015
Wearing a correctly fitted bra is so much more than support and comfort. Wearing the Perfect Fit makes you feel and look slimmer, it makes you look professional and neat, it makes your clothes look better, it elongates your waist, it makes bigger breasts appear smaller and it shows in your confidence.
All I need to ask you is why do you feel a bra is too expensive and an hour fitting is too long when it does all of the above?
Call us if you are ready make the change as all these ladies did in our studio.
'A'Cup Girls don't despair May 15 2015
From an A cup to a Wow Cup.
(picture of a typical 'A'cup before)
When we started the business we had many requests for bras for ladies who had very little or no breast tissue. The quest for the perfect little bra started with very little success initially but when we assessed what ladies wanted and why they wanted it we were able to find the perfect match.
The need was not for something that made them bigger (this was definitely on the list but not the priority) but a bra that did not expose them.
When ladies lean forward it is not uncommon for their bras to gape and for their breast to be exposed. Most petite girls can wear lovely strappy tops that will often mean that a simple arm movement could leave them exposed.
These ladies are typically your ‘A’cup ladies who search from the smallest cup because they have very little to fill their cups.
The solution is quite obvious to me now but not then as the cup was never the problem in the first place it is the band that holds the problem.
When a bra is too big the band will sit far away from the body causing the bra to move, when our ladies bend over or move the band simply moves away from the body and no longer covers the breast.
We did find the perfect solution in many bras from a lovely front fastening bra to a push up bra.
Our Push Up bra we have now dubbed the ‘Miracle Bra’ as I was blown away by the results.
There was such a significant change that beautiful shy girls did not mind us taking photo’s of the new found cleavage, photo’s we could never use for privacy reason.
This is your self-diagnosis:
Does your husband, friend, family member have to tell you that everyone can see your breast when you bend over?
Do you constantly have to rearrange your breast?
Are you constantly trying to find the perfect small bra?
Do you find that some bras work but then once you have worn them for a while they stop working?
Strapless bras are a nightmare!
The solution is simple all you need to do is come in for a professional fitting, most of the time petite girls are wearing the completely wrong size. Our Fitters will advise you on what is your perfect option for what ever your situation is.
Call us on 0861333779 or email us on email@example.com to find your closest Studio.
(Picture of what we managed to achieve with the same lady in a properly fitted push up bra- please note no gaping)
How Does A Professional Bra Fitting Aid Breast Health? October 08 2014
Firstly let’s define what a “Professional Bra Fitting” in the Liza Clifford experience is: It’s a reasonable amount of time set aside for a trained person to assess, educate and fit a lady for the perfect fit(not the closest fit).
It is hard to explain what we do to someone who feels they are wearing the correct size because unless you have had this experience you will always be content with what you believe to be a “Professional Fitting”. What is not is a measurement or a sizing by sight.
It’s important to have a PBF because unless you are trained there is no way you can know how a bra should feel let alone what it should fit like. A bra’s primary function is to support, having a beautiful bra is just a bonus. Bras were not made to accessorise your wardrobe they were made to enhance it. With all that said, the bra is the evil garment that can either make your amazing garment look as amazing as it was intended to be or make it look like a train wreck.
As far as breast health is concerned we need to know that the incorrect bra can cause a considerable amount of damage. It is also important to mention that bad bras or any bras for that matter do not cause breast cancer.
- A misplaced wire can rub on your breast tissue causing discomfort and scarring. This is caused when the cup is far too small and the wire does not line up with the armpit. If you find that your cup gapes when increasing the cup size you need to go smaller in the band.
- Shoulder straps that hold all the weight of your breasts cause pressure build up and result in headaches and neck spasms. A good bra is designed to support from the bottom not for the top. If you feel that if you loosen your bra straps you will compromise your support chances are your band is too big and you are wearing the wrong size. A good support should support when you release your straps or slip them off your shoulders. Its takes a while to get used to the change in support and sometimes this can feel like you have a bra that is not right, but if you consider how long your body has made use of only the tiny straps to support it is easy to conclude that the body needs a considerable amount of time to adjust to the change. Changes come from different muscles needed to support the breasts and the relief experienced from the straps being released can cause a spasm in itself. I have not even begun to mention the very obvious furrows that develop over time on the shoulder: fortunately this is reversible.
- Good support will enhance your posture. When the weight of your breasts is lifted from your neck your are forced to stand up straight with your shoulders in a relaxed state. You will not feel the need to hide your breasts because they are managed.
It is almost impossible to do this yourself, if you do have access to a Professional Fitter make use of it. Make sure your fitter is trained and knows what they are doing. If you don’t need to make an appointment chances are you will have to share the attention of your trained specialist and you will not get the specialised care you deserve and need.
How A Bra Should Fit October 02 2014
- The straps on a bra should be snug but not tight. You should be able to drop your straps and your breasts do not move
- The bra band should be horizontal
- The Wire of a bra should extend from your sternum (breast bone) to under your arm (not on your breast)
- The centre gore of the bra (the front of the bra) should lie flat against your chest
- The wire of the bra should follow the “smile” of your breast
- Breast tissue will not spill out of a well fitted bra
- There should be no sign of breast outside of the bra: these can be in the form of “side-boob” “back fat” or excessive “arm fat”
- Breast should feel supported as if they are being held.
- The bra band should be slightly tighter than snug initially, as all bras stretch, on the very loosest hook.
- Bras should be comfortable enough to wear for the day, it is completely normal to want to take your bra off as soon as you get home. It is a working garment that supports
How do you know you are wearing the wrong bra size? September 26 2014
- You rely on your straps for support
- You are always looking for thicker straps
- You feel like you need more lift
- You can never find the right cup: if you go down a cup it’s too small, if you go up a cup it’s too big
- Your band rides up your back
- Your breast eithers peek out or fall out the bottom of your bra
- You are constantly readjusting your bra
- You feel like your breasts want to fall out of your bra when you bend over
- You have considered breast surgery
- You have an obvious spill out of the top of your bra
- You battle to find clothing that fits you, everything else fits and you find you have to go up a size (or a few sizes) to accommodate your breasts.
- Strapless bras are a nightmare: they keep falling down or you keep having to readjust them
- You wear more than one sports bra when exercising
- You feel fat because your breasts create a pocket under your arms that makes you look fat.
- You have excessive back fat
- Your cups gape
- It does not matter how hard you try to minimise your breasts they just look big
- You cannot find pretty bras in your size
The points above are what our clients bring to our attention. This is what we love working with everyday of our lives.
If you suffer from any ONE of these conditions you are wearing the wrong size.
Our experts are waiting to help you, its just a call away.
The Centre of my Bra does not lie flat July 14 2014
This is quite a common problem, another one of those problems that just gets accepted as the status quo. “I have difficult breasts” issues. If your bra does not sit flat between your breasts it is not your breasts but because of two very simple reasons.
- Your size is wrong
- Your style is wrong.
I always suggest you go for a proper assessment with a qualified professional fitter who will Assess, Educate and Fit you. This takes time so if you are not making an appointment for this service you are either going to be interrupted by other clients or you are not getting a proper fitting.
If you are not able to find a proper fitting service then these are some things to look for.
Firstly let’s look at the symptoms of the centre gore not sitting flat between the breasts (this is another way of saying the centre of my bra does not sit flat)
- Your breasts are not separated into two supported breasts
- You have permanent cleavage and you perspire between your breasts
- Your breasts are squashed flat rather than into two separate breasts making it appear like a tyre around your body.
- The centre of the bra can be pulled away from the body easily.
Now let’s look at how we can remedy this:
- Your size needs adjustment
If your cup is too small and band is too big you will never get the centre gore to lie flat against your chest. You may wonder how your band can be made smaller and still fit or fit better? When you decrease your band size you need to increase your cup, the cup size may change significantly- up to 10 cup sizes and in some cases more. If your band is correct and your cup is too small you may still find it may not fit. A simple cup adjustment may take a very tight bra to a snug, supportive garment.
I stress at this point that all of the guess work can be taken out of the equation when you see a qualified professional fitter.
- The style of your bra needs to be assessed
This can be done through trial and error which can be a very expensive exercise or by consulting someone who is qualified to do so. Some women have a very narrow space between their breasts while some have breasts that are spaced quite far apart.
Some women may benefit from a plunge bra, but a balcony bra that comes up quite high in the front can help separate the breasts allowing the centre gore to lie flat. Breasts that lie far apart will benefit from a side support that guides the breast forward. This exercise can be very slimming and make your breasts look very small.
A good professional bra fitter will help you make better buying decisions and help you understand why you need to completely change the way you look at your bra. It is worth the investment in time as you will save yourself a lot of money and time when you know exactly how it should fit and why it feels so different.
Wear In Process WIP May 19 2014
At Liza Clifford Professional Bra Fitting Studio we pride ourselves on the fact that our clients visit us every six months for new day wear, special occasion and sports bras. These loyal customers are the ladies who trust our advice and endure the WIP and, in turn, see the long term benefits.
We will not compromise on the fitting process, the bra choice and the importance of the WIP, as we believe that this is why we stand apart from other professionals in our industry.
What to expect during the WIP:
A vice-like feeling for the first five to seven wears.
Deep red marks and the feeling of being bruised for the first five to seven wears.
Liza Clifford’s specially chosen strapless bra is designed to anchor in the back causing swelling and a raised surface for an extended period of time.
Liza Clifford’s specially chosen award winning sports bras have very little elastic and, for this reason, you will feel very uncomfortable for the first five to seven wears.
Maternity bras will feel tight, at first, but they ease very quickly.
How many times have you purchased an extremely comfortable, ‘good’ fitting bra from a retailer only to discover that, after a couple of wears, the back strap is loose and the shoulder straps keep falling off? A Liza Clifford bra will not feel like it fits perfectly on the first wear but will fit beautifully and feel amazing for months after the WIP. Liza Clifford clients are prepared to spend time and money for superior quality products.
Do You Scoop? April 25 2014
The Scoop ensures that you have no breast pinched behind the wire or underneath. The bra will now fit very snuggly and will feel uncomfortable for the first five to seven wears.
- Hold your bra wire firmly with the same side arm. Make sure that you hold the bra wire on the outer end of the bra.
- With the other hand, gently pull your entire breast away from the outer wire resisting with the other hand. You should feel like you are lifting your entire breast out of the front of the bra.
- Now your breast is in the front of your body.
- Shake the bra out so that you have no spill-over.
The amazing benefits of wearing the perfect bra (increased confidence, beautifully fitting clothes, looking slimmer), does, however, require that you endure the WIP (wearing in period). As we all know, beauty and long term enjoyment does come with some sacrifice. ‘’The bra is made for your size, but you need to make it yours by wearing it’’, says Liza.
Bra Fitting Vs Measuring March 23 2014
What To Expect In Your Bra Fitting Experience
Each client is allocated a fitter. This especially chosen and trained lady will guide you through your bra journey at Liza Clifford. It is very important that your first fitting be uninterrupted so that it is accurate as this sets the tone for all future purchases at Liza Clifford or any other retail outlet.
Your Bra Size Is Your Size and Should Not Change
It is important to note that the size you are fitted as at Liza Clifford is the size you are at other retailers. Most of the sizes available at Liza Clifford are not readily available elsewhere, this does not mean that our sizes are different; it means that we care enough to accommodate for all sizes.
In Your Body Optimising Appointment
Once your appointment is made you will be allocated an hour.
In the hour you will be:
- Offered a Bra from our Stock or our carefully selected suppliers
We believe that with all the sizes available internationally, only the right size will do, not the closest fit. This is your Perfect Fit.
It stands to reason that with interruptions of other clients and unscheduled events, fittings cannot be accurate. Considering the time spent with the client, it is very difficult to make a mistake with your size.
If you feel your size is incorrect after this in depth fitting procedure we are happy to make a further appointment to reassess your size.
New Fitting Techniques Allow For Your Unique Size And No Need For Altering Bras
Our fitting techniques are based on international standards of fitting. The fitting is very different to what we are used to in South Africa and there are varying adjustment periods read about the WIP here. Once the body has adjusted to the new fit you will never be able to wear another ill-fitting bra.
There are services that will alter bras. We do not believe this empowers women to make better bra purchasing decisions. When a bra is altered, it may fit well but there is no way of repeating the process without returning to the same retailer. Knowing your exact size means you can repeat the process at other retailers carrying the UK size which is what South Africa subscribes to.
A Measuring Service Cannot Replace A Bra Fitting
The reason why most women wear the incorrect size is because not enough time or care is taken to ensure every client is fitted and educated as to why she is the size she is. If it were the case of a simple measuring technique with a tape measure or by sight so many women would not be wearing the incorrect size.